The Long Term Care Educators Association (LTCEA) was formed in 1988 by a core group of area healthcare educators as a means to network, share resources and improve the quality of care in long term care facilities.
Members include facility educators, staff development coordinators, CNA/CMT instructors, Directors of Nursing, Administrators, Physicians, Pharmacists, nursing staff members and others with an interest in long term care.
Visitors and new members are welcome at quarterly meetings held from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on the third Friday of the month at rotating locations throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area. Goals of the organization include:
- Identifying and developing resources for the Long Term Care
- Sharing teaching methods effective for adult learners
- Promoting education, research and advocacy for residents,
families and caregivers in long term care
- Reviewing legislative changes at the State and Federal level
that affect long term care
- Providing educational opportunities through monthly speakers